Fix WinRM Service failed to create
The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN/hostname.domainname.local; WSMAN/INK.
The error received was 8344: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. .
The SPNs can be created by an administrator using setspn.exe utility.
1. run - setspn -L <hostname>
2. You’ll see no entries for WSMAN/<hostname> or WSMAN/<FQDN>
3. Run ADSIEDIT.MSC
4. Browse to Domain
1. OU=Domain Controllers
5. Right click on CN=<HOSTNAME>, where <HOSTNAME> is the name of the server throwing the error, click Properties.
6. Click the Security Tab
1. click Add / “Network Service”
2. Then check (X) to allow access to “Validated write to service principal name”
3. Click OK
7. Run Services.msc
8. Restart the “Windows Remote Management (WS-Management)” service
9. Check event log for errors.
10. Re-Run - setspn -L <hostname>
11. Locate entries for WSMAN/<hostname> or WSMAN/<FQDN>