Show hidden devices in Device Manager
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER:
- set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
- Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
- start devmgmt.msc
- Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.
- NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Managers before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
- When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
- Type exit at the command prompt.